As a deaf person myself I know of the day to day struggles deaf or hard of hearing people face in the day to day life, and the reliance we place on tools and resources to get us through each day.
I am fortunate to have access to such tools and resources to help me get through day to day, others are not so fortunate.
Vicdeaf do great work in the community to make life that little bit easier for deaf or hard of hearing Victorians.
For all clients that mention or refer clients through this campaign, my finance company, HBF Finance, will donate $50 from all Home Loan settlements (including re-finances, purchases, constructions and debt consolidations) between now and the Run Melbourne Event towards Vicdeaf.
Did we mention prizes???
Donate and you have the chance to win one of the following:-
• A Dinner Voucher
• Movie Tickets
• Gold Class Movie Tickets
• Gift Voucher for a sign language class
• Entertainment Book with thousands of offers
• and other lucky draw prizes announced along the way
Every donation Vicdeaf receives counts and is spent carefully. As an indication of some of the things donations can help them to provide:
• $25 could help buy a telephone amplifier for someone who cannot hear a standard phone
• $55 could provide a young Deaf professional with business skill development and networking opportunities
• $75 could provide work readiness programs for job seekers who are deaf, hard of hearing or have other disabilities
• $100 could help buy a specialised baby monitor for parents who are deaf or hard of hearing
• $120 could help provide critical hearing screenings and hearing loss prevention programs to young people
• $165 could provide a Deaf person with a sign language (Auslan) interpreter at a funeral during their time of grief